Sunday, October 16, 2011

An Ode to the three F's: Fall, Family & Friends

Well, it's that time of year again. The time I get all nostalgic for Montana and my family and seasons. Fall just gets to me every Fricking time of year, you guys.

I hate it.

I'm constantly checking airplane ticket prices and calling my mom, "I can get home for $640? Should I do it?" And of course she says yes... but then the stupid-head rational part of me screams, "No!! It's going to SNOW and you only have 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of closed toed shoes! WTF are you thinking?"

But I miss the seasons fall, not winter. Screw winter and the starting your car for 30 minutes to defrost the inside of your window, screw 4PM darkness, screw it being so cold you physically can't take a deep breath outside or your lungs will, like, literally freeze. No way.

It's all about autumn baby.... and this is what I miss the most.....(and this is in no particular order)


 Puffy Vests RULE!!!!!
The reason I love puffy vests (it doesn't have to be North Face) is that I have been sporting these since highschool. I think I have sported one in every color of the rainbow. They are cute and functional. But in 84 degree weather? Not so much.


Ugh, Moose Drool beer makes me happy,

The best beer for fall.... ever...... Hands Down.



Grizzly Football. The best.
There are a lot of people who love the Montana Grizzlies, there is no disputing that fact,  but I GRADUATED from this place, got a DEGREE, lived, loved and partied in this TOWN and BLEED maroon and silver. I'm just sayin'. I love this place and shit runs deep, yo' shit runs deep.


Deciduous Trees!!

I totally love me some palm trees now, but every now and then I miss this. I miss the smell, the crunch and the beautiful colors.

Nom, Nom, Nom
God Bless who ever made these.... if only I could wear them. Again, in 84 degrees? Not so much.

Well, now I am sad. I am going to try to find me a real good smelling pumpkin candle, heat up some apple cider and cry myself to sleep. 

(I KNOW I live on a tropical island. Oh, whoa-iz-me, right?  I plan on going to the beach for the rest of this day....but just let me have this one moment, OKAY???!!! Thanks.)

But really, I just miss these people, my people, my tribe. On a constant basis.

My beautiful mother.


Trout Slayer. AKA Sam

My G-ma!!

My dad.



My Mary.
My BFF, A


My homegirlz.



Love & miss each of you with all my heart. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment