Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Round 2


I'm going to go ahead and break the obligatory 3 day rule after our first date and write again after 24 hours...... I hope this doesn't mean you think I'm easy because I'm not (anymore). I'm a lady.

Okay, scratch that last statement.

I'm kinda a lady. (Stop laughing, those of you who know me.)

But please, who am I kidding. I drink beer, cuss like a sailor, burp and need to be in control at all times. I can't help it.

I also can't lie. Not even a little-white one. My emotions and thoughts are plastered all over my face like those dumb-ass little, yellow emotion icon thingys.


I remember I tried lying once. I was probably like 7 and I think I broke something in the house and tried to blame it on the neighbor lady (who, keep in mind, was like 106 years old). But as an only child, playing the blame-game is L-I-M-I-T-E-D, so I blamed it on old Mrs. K.

My mom was like, "You expect me to believe that Mrs. K hobbled over from across the street, climbed up all of our stairs, broke the (fill in the blank here) and hobbled back over to her own house where she could have just broken her own (fill in the blank here again)."

"Yeah, I replied. "She's a sketchy old bitch."

Grounded. But I didn't lie ever again. I guess I just don't have the knack.

P.S. I would like to apologize to that old neighbor of ours, just in case she is still alive. (This would put her at around 128-ish, but maybe she is a spry 128-year-old and is using the internet to read random blogs. So just in case, "I'm sorry 'bout that one, Mrs. K.")
















No comments:

Post a Comment