Sunday, March 27, 2011

Not So Tiny Dancer

If you are a follower (You are a follower right? If you are reading this and you haven't signed up to be a follower then how else is a girl to get PAID to write these beauties??? HMMMM??? Just go ahead and scroll down the page to the place where there are peoples' pretty pictures and hit the follow button for me! You don't even have to use your real name!!)(Thank you.) then you are well aware I went to the University of Montana in Missoula for college.  It really is a special place.

Oh, how I love Spring in Montana

Winter? Um, not so much.
Anyway - I lived in the dorms my freshman year, which was mandatory. But it was the best!  I made and still have some good friends from that time. And living in a dorm with 300 other people was actually really fun when you're 18! I loved it! We had nice big rooms and cable TV. (Not that there was much time for TV watching, you know with all the drinking, smoking, making out,  studying we did.)

The dorm I lived in was co-ed and the girls lived on the top 2 floors and the guys lived on the bottom 2. We slept on bunk beds and I was on the top bunk, which I didn't mind, normally....

One night my roommate and I were sleeping (Speaking of my college roommate! What's up, C? She's got a great little blog under my "Blogs I'm Kinda In Love With" spot - called Golden Pigeon - you should check her out!) 

Where was I? Oh yeah, one night my roommate and I were sleeping and I hear these noises right above my head. (Not Those kinds of noises, you pervs!) It sounded like someone was doing construction! But it was like 3:30 in the morning!? It woke me up and then I heard my roomie stirring and we were both like WTF? 

The sounds were RIGHT OVER MY HEAD! Like inches away from my face (Remember I was on the top bunk?)

So I grouchily get up and walk up the stairs - it's soooooo quite in our dorm, except from this one room right above us - and I knock on the door and this kinda bigger girl in a tutu answers.


This is pretty close.....I ain't even playin'


I was so shocked that  I wasn't even mad anymore! I was like, "What in the hell are you doing?"
She told me she was "practicing her tap dancing." Like this was the most normal thing to be doing in the middle of the night......in a tight ass tutu........inside a dorm room.  I promise you this girl was no tap dancer! First of all she's wearing a fucking tutu.  Ballerinas wear tutus, girlfriend. And she was wearing a rainbow feather boa, which I'm pretty sure isn't a tap dancing prop. Maybe a top hat and a cane but a feather boa? Come on!? 

She then told me she had insomnia. 

An overweight- tutu-wearing-feather-boa-rocking-tap-dancing-insomniac? Living and dancing right above my head?

Oh, Hell-Naw!!!!!

So I told her I normally sleep like a baby and I let her know my face was like 6 inches from her tap, tap, tappin'. I also suggested she go to the Health Center and talk to someone about her problem and that they make medication for conditions such as hers. (You know the sleeping thing, not the tutu/feather boa wearing thing.)

I remember going back into the room and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even tell my roommate what I had just seen!

Classic.

P.S. She must have taken my advice because she never woke us up again!

Thank god.















4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout and the memories ha!
    You left out the part about banging the stool on the ceiling so hard that pieces fell off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! I totally forgot! I bet we could write a whole blog about that whole year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Buddy - my mom (and possibly your mom) read this thing!! Never! ;)

    ReplyDelete