Monday, April 12, 2010

Gangsta's Paradise


Forgot to mention that I went for my job interview at a certain middle school here......

All I have to say is remember the movie Dangerous Minds with Michelle Pheiffer?


(Weird - because I wore that SAME black leather jacket to my interview.)


So, it was kinda along those same lines as that movie, minus the metal detectors and legs-up-to-my-neck thing.

I drive up to the parking lot where there are 3 cop cars and 6 cops. I think to myself, "Oh, it must be D.A.R.E. Day or some kind of public service presentation!" Ha! (Whoever said, "Ignorance is Bliss" needs a big fat cookie.)

I had an 8th grade boy, with tattoos, come on to me; the vice-principal had to unlock a couple of dead-bolt locks just to get into his window-less office. (The place looked and felt like a prison!)

The VP was a very nice man but he basically said the teachers just need an extra person to be in the room with them for "disciplinary" action. Huh? I'm a writer buddy, not a taekwando master!!! He should have taken a good long look at these scrawny arms and known I was clearly not qualified for the job! I (stupidly) asked what the cop cars were there for and he told me five 8th graders had just been arrested for drinking alcohol at school. (It was barely 10:00 in the morning! Mama likes a cocktail every now and then but gimmie a break, before 10 AM!!!)

Suffice to say, I will not be working at that school! I do have another interview at an elementary school next week....... and if there is even one cop car there, whether it be for some 6-year-olds smoking on school grounds or a third grade kegger - I'm not even going to step one foot inside!!


P.S. I have decided to name my chickens Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte after my girls on Sex & the City - and even if they laid Cosmopolitans every morning, I still wouldn't drink them until noon, silly little 13-year-olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment