17. Whenever I watch Top Chef I feel like I, too, have a deep passion for cooking. That damn show tricks me into thinking that I am a culinary-diva. I look at cooking magazines and rip out all these new recipes I want to try, I buy stupid lemon zesting tools and glass prep bowls, I have 2 really cute aprons......only to have them all collecting dust. Why would I cook when Whole Foods has such a good prepared food section???
18. Z and I danced to Bob Marley as our first wedding song and even though he can't dance to save his life - it was one of the sweetest moments of mine.
19. I am a very good friend, a ride-or-die bitch if you will, and I want nothing less in return. I could be a better wife/daughter/dog-owner/writer though........
20. I am in love with old people. Especially my Grandma. She's the bee's knees. (My mom is going to hate this next sentence, but please don't hold it against me or your mother!) No one in my family, besides my Grandma, knew that I used to smoke in college, well and in high school too, but when I was in college my G-ma and I used to "smoke and joke" together. That's what we would call it - "smoke and joke". It was like our little secret . If you took out the "slowly killing ourselves" aspect of it, the time we spent together "smoking and joking" was really fun.*
Hey, ya wanna smoke and joke?
Yes, Grandma, and please never take off that hat - like ever. You are the cutest.
21. I only like to purchase really fun stamps. I always ask to see the entire stamp selection at the post office. I know this annoys some people in line behind me because I can tell by their audible groans, but this girl ain't buying no generic forever bell stamp bullshit. I especially like the ones where they come on a sheet and you have to find them because they are hidden into the background.; like "Creatures of the Sea" or "Friends of the Forest" and then there will be a random squirrel stamp hidden amongst the trees. I think the USPS is too cool.
This is one of the sheets! How much better are these stamps than your average Joe's??
It's the little things people, it's the little things!
22. I listen to National Public Radio. Although Hawaii's NPR is not nearly as good as Montana's was, I still get to listen to my favorite show - This American Life - for free as a podcast. (Thank f-ing god.) I also think I may have a crush on Ira Glass.......
23. One time when I was at my best friend's house, I looked out the window and saw a hot dog walking down the street. It wasn't advertising anything; it was just a person dressed like a hot dog walking down some random street in July. I quickly jumped up, ran out the front door and yelled, "Hey, Hot Dog!" The hot dog turned to look at me and I realized I didn't really know what to say. So I just waved at him. He or she waved back at me. And that was that.
*Please note I am a smoke-free zone now. Unless you count my bachelorette party, but that was a long, long time ago.